Palestinian Centre For Human Rights
Weekly Report on Israeli human rights violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory 03 - 09 Apr 2008:
- 8 Palestinians, including a child and a farmer, were killed by IOF in the Gaza Strip.
- 5 of the victims, including a child and his uncle, were killed in a series of attacks launched by IOF against the east of Gaza City in less than 5 hours.
- A Palestinian child was run down to death by an Israeli settler.
- 25 Palestinian, including 5 children, were wounded by IOF in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.
- IOF conducted 30 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, and 7 ones into the Gaza Strip.
- IOF arrested 65 Palestinian civilians, including 7 children and a girl, in the West Bank and 10 others, including 3 children, in the Gaza Strip.
- IOF razed at least 125 donums [31 acres] of agricultural land.
- IOF damaged a number of civilian facilities in the northeast of Gaza City.
- IOF raided a number of charities and NGOs in Ramallah and al-Bireh.
- IOF raided and searched a number of charities, mosques and shops in Qalqilya, and closed 4 charities.
- The fuel crisis in the Gaza Strip has escalated.
- 6 Palestinian civilian were arrested by IOF at military checkpoints in the West Bank.
- 2 Israeli settlers attacked a Palestinian family near Nablus.
Summary: Israeli violations of international law and humanitarian law seriously escalated in the OPT, especially in the Gaza Strip, during the reporting period (3 – 9 April 2008):