Thursday, July 19, 2007

One Republican Senator's Sexual Hypocrisy Shocks Even Larry Flynt

By Guest Blogger
Posted on July 19, 2007, Printed on July 19, 2007
http://www.alternet.org/bloggers/guest/57292/

This post, written by Howie Klein, originally appeared on Down With Tyranny!

Larry Craig (R-ID), Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Mitch McConnell (R-KY) must be crapping their pants. Maybe they should go borrow some diapers from Lieberman or from David Vitter, who liked wearing them while hookers in stiletto heels walked on his ass. Today the FBI released a lurid account of GOP slimeballs in paradise, with Republican briber Brent Wilkes and Republican bribee, former Congressman Randy "The Wrong Stuff" Cunningham (R-CA) bartering tax dollars for prostitutes in Hawaii.

But last night CNN's Larry King-- whose pablum-like show is not exactly where one goes for breaking news-- interviewed Hustler's Larry Flynt. Flynt says he's got the goods on 30 more members of Congress and the Bush Regime. He was particularly worked up over one particular Republican senator. Rumors are rampant that the private whose privates McConnell got kicked out of the Army for diddling has come forward. But there is also speculation that one of the fellas Larry Craig encountered-- closely-- in the Union Station men's room has decided to tell his story. I thought you might enjoy the CNN transcript:

SEN. DAVID VITTER (R), LOUISIANA: I want to again offer my deep, sincere apologies to all those I have let down and disappointed with these actions from my past. I am completely responsible and I'm so very, very sorry. No matter how long ago it was, I know this has hurt the relationship of trust I've enjoyed with so many of you and that I have a lot of work to do to rebuild that.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: Hypocrisy running rampant on Capitol Hill. Senator Vitter was an outspoken of all things wrong, including prostitution and the like.

His wife also spoke at that press conference.

WENDY VITTER, WIFE OF SEN. DAVID VITTER (R-LA): To forgive is not always the easy choice. But it was and is the right choice for me. David is my best friend.

Last week, some people very sympathetically said to me I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now. I stand before you to tell you very proudly I am proud to be Wendy Vitter.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: Joining us now in San Francisco is Jeane Palfrey, the alleged madam of Washington, D.C. In Miami is her attorney, Montgomery Sibley; and her in Los Angeles, Larry Flynt, the publisher of Hustler magazine, who -- you broke this whole thing, right?

LARRY FLYNT, PUBLISHER, HUSTLER MAGAZINE: Yes. A lot of people are confused on that. The madam deserves the credit. My chief investigator was working on the ad he took out in the Post. And he had already had a relationship with her and...

KING: That ad is where you say you'll looking for who will give rewards?

FLYNT: Yes. And he got a phone number from her and he just dialed it up at random.

KING: And up came Vitter.

FLYNT: And up came Vitter.

More at Alternet

No comments:

Post a Comment