Tuesday, December 20, 2005

LETTER FROM CALNET

GOOD MORNING IMAD, I was looking at your resume and I have a job that I think you might be interested in. I'm looking for translator for the Arabic language, the job is in Iraq you will be translating for the US army. We are offering a great salary ($150,000.00 - $ 158,000.00 subject to change) plus benefits. If you are interested in this position please let me know. Also please feel free to forward my information to any friends or family that may be interested in this position. Thank you.

[A job description followed]

DEAR MR. IRFAN: Thank you for contacting me regarding the Arabic Linguist With Secret Clearance For Iraq job. Your offer of $150,000.00 - $158,000.00 is obviously tempting, but unfortunately I must decline. For one thing, I do not enjoy participating in the torture of other human beings. . . Judging from the kind of salary you are offering, I must conclude that it is desperation time now for the war mongers at the Pentagon. Did the Pentagon suddenly realize that it needs some basic mode of communication with the Iraqis other than the bullets and the bombs? For most tax payers in the US, taxes are not meant to be squandered on useless wars.

I would like to offer you now a job that is enormously rewarding on the personal level, but does not pay any money. The title is "Peace Advocate." If you are interested in this position, please let me know. Also, please feel free to forward my information to any friends and colleagues at Calnet Inc. Here are the job requirements. . .

I am eager for your reply.

CALNET: Calnet is dedicated to providing specialized experienced professionals to the intelligence community to meet specific agency goals, or all source fusion analysts that can fill a variety of roles.

CALNET's intelligence professionals are involved in all steps of the intelligence cycle, from planning and direction, to collection, processing, production, and dissemination. Calnet is proud to provide support to our National agencies to achieve our nation's goals in the global war on terror, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom, or what ever role our great nation calls on us to support.

http://www.calnet.com/workforce/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment